Monday, April 20, 2009

The naming ceremony

Okay no tough guesses!! This is the naming ceremony of my blog which I have wanted to create for quite some time now (that’s definitely an understatement - I have been thinking about blogging for almost three years!!). I am an avid reader of blogs – of people whom I know and of people whom I don’t. That really doesn’t matter to me as long as it is interesting. I enjoy reading them – people sharing their travel experiences, relationships, career, passion, interest and motivating experiences and what not?……the list continues and in fact it is never ending. Feeling something in your heart and mind is very different from putting them down in writing. That is something that I have never been able to do – pen down my thoughts, however random they might be. And blogs to me are the most uninhibited way of expressing yourself and a reflection of whom you are, as a person.

I am not certain if writing is an art that comes to me naturally, but nevertheless I can’t give it up without even giving it as much as a shot. So I have finally set aside all my apprehensions about my writing skills and creating this blog where I can live my deepest, desperate and profound desires of my heart. Hence to remain true to its purpose I would like to christen my blog “My Mirror of Erised”.

A little something about the mirror of Erised
The Mirror of Erised is a magical object which is featured in the first Harry Potter novel. The name of the object is actually a clever pun, as the mirror image of “erised” is, of course, desire. The Mirror of Desire reflects the most profound wish of the person who is standing in front of it. Etched into its frame are the following words – ‘“erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi,” which when reversed read “I show not your face but your heart's desire

Now all I am hoping for is that it’s just the starting trouble I had and shouldn’t have the same in keeping my blog alive with posts at least once a while and that what I write will be of interest to someone in some corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment